Fund opened for fire victims
by DAILY NEWS STAFF REPORT
WILLIAMSON - A bank account to aid a family who lost their home and all of their belongings in a fire last week has been opened at the 1st National Bank in Williamson.
Darrell “Peewee” and Goldie Stevens (the former owners of Little Venice Pizza) and their two sons resided at 1207 E. 6th Avenue in a home they had owned for approximately 20 years. Through those years the family had made a lot of memories, raised their children and enjoyed their family life. In a matter of minutes, all of their material possessions went up in smoke. The family also lost three of their family pets in the blaze.
The Stevens family currently has to reside with family members while they regroup and try to take steps to move forward. Their home was not covered by insurance. To assist the family in raising funds to rent a home, purchase furniture, appliances, household items and clothing, the 1st National Bank has opened the “Goldie and Darrell Stevens House Fire Fund”, Acct.# 2015857. You can make a donation electronically or visit the bank’s main office on 2nd Ave. in Williamson or the branch office on E. 4th Ave. The contact numbers for the banks are 304-235-5300 and 304-235-1920.
Any assistance you can provide the Stevens family would be greatly appreciated. For clothing sizes or to make donations of needed items directly to them, you may call 304-475-3041.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices