Julia Roberts Goad
PIKEVILLE, Ky. — A Dorton man was indicted by the Pike County Grand Jury for the assault of a Kentucky State Trooper.
According to Commonwealth Attorney Rick Bartley’s office, Eric Bentley, 28, is accused of second degree fleeing police and third degree assault of Trooper Craig Hensley.
• Anthony Robinson, 30, of Marrowbone, was indicted for receiving stolen property, two dirt bikes which had been stolen from Shelia Hopkins valued at over $500, and persistent felony offender.
• John Paul Charles, 50, of Freeburn, was indicted for fourth degree assault of Johnny Sherpinskas, third degree assault of Steven Mounts, a law enforcement officer, and damage of more than $500 of a vehicle.
• William Rose, 47, of Lookout, was indicted for possession of a controlled substance, oxycodone, DUI and possession of prescription drugs not in a proper container.
• John Payne, 23, of Canada, was indicted for receiving stolen property, in complicity with juveniles, electronic valued at more than $500 that had been taken from A Plus Rental, and criminal mischief and theft by unlawful taking, also in complicity with juveniles, in connection with the destruction of property and theft of video equipment and coins from Pirate’s Cove Car Wash.
• Larry Brewer, 37, and Joetta Marcum, 29, both of Lovely, were indicted for theft by unlawful taking of a vehicle from Straight Away Motors.
• Keri Blackburn, 25, of Canada, was indicted for four counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument, fraudulent use of a credit card and theft by unlawful taking. Blackburn is accused of writing checks in the amount of $150, $200 and $127.20 and using a stolen credit card, all on the account of Roxie May.
• Kelli Sayers, 48, of Canada, was indicted for three counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument and theft by unlawful taking in connection the theft of a purse belonging to Virginia Cook and checks written on Cook’s account for $262.31, $347.68 and $1.67.
• Harlan Damron, 30, of Robinson Creek, and Angela Little, 34, of Virgie, were indicted for four counts of a forged instrument, checks written on the account of Jimper Sturgill, in the amounts of $100, $250. $300 and $375. Little was also indicted for second degree persistent felony offender.
• Amy Adkins, 23, of Pikeville, was indicted for third degree burglary and theft by unlawful taking in connection with a break-in of a building owned by Bert Hatfield and the theft of jewelry, checks and other items valued at more than $500.
• Michael Holbrooks, 19,of Elkhorn City, was indicted for the second degree assault of Amy Holbrooks.
• Eric Bentley, 28, of Dorton, was indicted for tampering with a prisoner monitoring device.
• Charlene Chapman, 25, of Kimper, was indicted for criminal mischief in damages amounting to more than $500 to a trailer that belonged to Shirley Norman.
• Junis conway, 57, of Pikeville, was indicted for misdemeanor theft by failure to make a required disposition of property valued at less than $550.
• Justin Conway, 32, of Hellier, Harmony Pafford, 36, of Raccoon, Roger Tibbs, 36, of Pikeville, and Batrina Sykes, 31, of Elkhorn City, were indicted for assistance program fraud.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: An indictment is merely an accusation and the defenant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.)