Last updated: July 17. 2013 3:16PM - 480 Views
Michael Browning
Staff Writer

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:


Editor, Coal Valley News

After being captured by police yesterday morning and initially arraigned in Kanawha County Magistrate Court, alleged double murder and sexual assault suspect Timothy Ray Parsons was brought back to Boone County to face a magistrate.

C. Porter Snodgrass, Boone Magistrate, told Parsons he would not set any bond and that a preliminary hearing on his charges was scheduled for Friday, May 25, in Boone County Magistrate Court.

Parsons was found and taken into custody around 3:35 a.m. this morning near the Kanawha River behind Dupont Middle School in Belle/Rand area of eastern Kanawha County. He had apparently set up some type of camp site.

Parsons, 36, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and second-degree sexual assault.

According to Boone County Sheriff Rodney Miller, Parsons allegedly killed his wife, mother-in-law and raped his 15-year-old step-daughter.

Miller said Gloria “Sue” Kinder, Parsons’ mother-in-law and Leighanne Kinder-Parsons, Parsons’ wife, were stabbed to death at their home on River Avenue in Bloomingrose.

According to the criminal complaint, the 15-year-old told investigators while she was taking a shower about 11 p.m. on May 14, Gloria Sue Kinder went upstairs and found her daughter’s body, Leighanne Kinder, with her throat cut.

Gloria Sue Kinder was then confronted by Parsons who then bound her feet and hands and used a sharp instrument to cut her throat, killing her, according to the complaint.

Investigators say the juvenile stated that’s when Parsons told her he was going to have sex with her. After the victim said no, Parsons told her he killed her mother and grandmother and threatened to kill her if she didn’t have sex with him, according to the complaint. Parsons then showed the juvenile the bodies of Gloria Sue Kinder and Leighanne Kinder-Parsons.

According to the complaint, Parsons then forcibly dragged the victim back downstairs to her bedroom and bound her hands and feet to the bed and assaulted her.

The 15-year-old told investigators Parsons stayed at the house until 9 a.m., Wednesday. A few hours later the girl was able to break lose from the bindings and go to a neighbor’s home for help.

No bond was set for Timothy Parsons during the video hearing earlier this morning in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.

Both the Kanawha and Boone magistrates said bond will be set or denied by the circuit court.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Williamson Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com