The following is a list of attractions coming to the area for this weekend’s Hatfield-McCoy Festival and Marathon:
• 2 p.m. until 5 p.m.: Hatfield McCoy Bus Tour – Departs from the Sycamore Inn (Second Avenue, Williamson)
• 6 p.m.: Hatfield-McCoy Marathon Pasta Dinner – Belfry High School, Ky.
• 8 p.m.: Hatfield-McCoy Film Fest – Belfry High School
• Genealogy at the Coal House in Williamson
• 7 a.m.: Marathon – Food City, Goody, Ky.
• 9 a.m.: Music starts downtown in Williamson and Matewan – Live music on the corner and DJ
• 9 a.m.: Local art, crafts, and food vendors
• 9 a.m. until noon: Hatfield-McCoy Bus Tour – Departs from Sycamore Inn
• 9 a.m.: until 6 p.m.: Visit the Historic Coal House
• 9 a.m.: - Visit the Matewan Depot
• Feud Antique Display - Bring them to Matewan and check out other collectors.
• 11 a.m.: Book Signing at the Coal House in Williamson: “Blood Feud” – New York Times best selling author, Lisa Alther; “Feuding Hatfields & McCoys”– Keith Davis; “UFO: Appalachian Case Study” – author, Kyle Lovern; “Haunted West Virginia” - author, Michael Knost.
•12:30 p.m.: Shotgun Wedding - Matewan
• Genealogy – all day – Righteous Brew coffee shop in Williamson and Wingo’s Grill in Matewan
• Meet Johnse and Rosanna (re-enactors throughout the day in Williamson)
• 2 p.m.: Kid’s fun run in Williamson
• 2:30 p.m.: Hatfield McCoy Tug o’ War – Matewan
• 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.: Hatfield-McCoy bus tour
• 6 p.m.: Post Race Marathon Party (Sycamore Inn) $10.00
• 8:45 p.m.: Battle of Matewan Ghost Tour - Matewan
• Hatfield-McCoy Reunion: Preacher Anderson Cabin at the foot of Blackberry Mountain, Ky. Bring a dish! Starts after church! Both sides welcome! (Iintersection of KY319 & 1056)
• To book a tour visit: www.hmtours.eventbrite.com
• Register for the marathon: www.hatfieldmccoymarathon.com
• Register for the post race party: www.postraceparty.eventbrite.com
• Sign up for the ghost tour: www.matewanghost.eventbrite.com
Detailed driving directions to the feud sites available at the Coal House in Williamson.
• Printable Feud Site Maps: www.hatfieldmccoycountry
• For more information: 304-235-5240