The Bell County Sheriff’s Department targeted 11 people during their drug roundup on Tuesday. Of those 11 individuals, eight were arrested during the mid-morning hours. Each of the charges involved illegal drug trafficking .
Deputy Shane Stewart said the drugs that were sold ranged from cocaine to hydrocodone. The roundup was the result of a 10-month undercover investigation. Most of the arrest were made in the Arjay community.
“It’s (Arjay) probably the worst part of the county right now for drug trafficking,” said Stewart. “As many arrest that we’ve made this year, there’s probably that many more to make still yet.”
Stewart said the sheriff’s department is doing their best to clean up the area for the people who live there that are not selling drugs.
“They don’t deserve it,” said Stewart. “It’s not something you want to see everyday, so we’re trying to do our part to get those people (who are selling drugs) picked up so that it’s not in their backyard.”
As for the drug roundup as a whole, Bell County Sheriff Bruce Bennett said he is always proud of getting drug dealers off the street.
“As long as they (the buyer) got money, they sell to them,” said Bennett. “I’m proud as a peacock to get them (drug dealers) off the street.”
Bennett said the investigation involving drug trafficking is always ongoing as long as people are still selling.
“I’ve been sheriff for 12 years…and we’ve had a continuing investigation on the illegal drugs,” said Bennett. “As long as we’re here, we’ll be investigating the illegal drug trafficking.”
The following individuals were arrested during the drug roundup:
• Jeremiah Fugate, 34, of Pineville, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance and receiving stolen property under $500;
• James Frye, 58, of Arjay, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance;
• Jody D. Christopher, 41, of Arjay, first-degree trafficking a controlled substance (cocaine);
• Donald D. Fugate Jr., 44, of Arjay, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance;
• Houston J. Wolfgang, 45, of Pineville, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance;
• Goldie L. Pridemore, 30, of Arjay, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance;
• George Pace, 32, of Arjay, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance;
• Johnny Dale Lankford, 39, of Arjay, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance and was served a warrant.
Anthony Cloud can be contacted at 606-302-9090 or on Twitter @AnthonyCloudMDN.