MATEWAN – The weather is expected to be great on Saturday with sunny skies and highs in the mid 70s for the annual Matewan Homecoming is scheduled for this Saturday, in downtown historic Matewan.
Everyone is encouraged to come out and have some fun by the Town Council and other civic leaders.
All sorts of fun activities are slated for the kids and adults including live music, food vendors, games for the kids, a car show and much more. Vendors should set up in the BB&T parking lot starting at 8:00 a.m.
The the schedule of events is as follows:
* 17th Annual Car Show- Registration from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., behind City Hall
* Josh Addair-11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the Pavilion
* The Jaguars- 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the Pavilion
* Kids’ Fest- 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. featuring corn hole games and Fun Time Inflatables
* Matewan Massacre Drama- 3:00 p.m. in front of City Hall
* DJ Homer Mullins from “No Limit Entertainment”- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the Pavilion
* Car Show Awards announced at 4:00 p.m.
* Home-Made Apple Butter
* Wingo’s Grill Pig Roast- All day
* Hatfield-McCoy Airboat Tours- All day
For more information, call Matewan City Hall at 304-426-4522.