By: JEFFREYREYNOLDS SPORTSEDITOR
February 4, 2013
PIKEVILLE, Ky. — The Pike Country Grand Jury returned indictments against 10 individuals in its January meeting. including charges against two people for manufacturing Methamphetamine.
Armon Varney, 29, of McCarr, and Stephanie Smith, 30, of Matewan, were charged by the grand jury with committing the felony offense of manufacturing Methamphetamine on Nov. 11, 2012. Varney was also charged with second-degree persistent felony offender, as he had been previously convicted in Pike County, Ky., with burglary and theft by unlawful taking on April 4, 2008.
Other indictments include:
• Rod Williamson, aka Rodney M. Williamson, 54, of Canada, was charged with theft by unlawful taking by taking musical instruments valued at more than $500 which belonged to Franklin Worley and Jason Worley between Sept. 3, and Sept. 21, 2012.
• Teddy Russell Mullins, 34, of Virgie, and Jimmy Hamilton, 42, of Stanville, were charged with theft by unlawful taking when they took comic books valued at more than $500 which belonged to John Spears in June 2012.
• Terry Ramey, 34, of Fedscreek, Ky., was charged with possession of a firearm (handgun) by a convicted felon and cultivating marijuana, less than five plants, with the intent to sell or transfer it on Jan. 16.
• Joseph Cole, 31, of Shelbiana, and Kerri Salisbury, 34, of Harold, were charged with second-degree burglary when they entered the residence of Mark Hunt for the purpose of committing a crime and theft by unlawful taking when they took a handgun, blank check on Community Trust Bank, and various tools valued at more than $500 which belonged to Mark Hunt on June, 5, 2010.
• Brandon Kennard, 27, of Pikeville, was charged with second-degree criminal mischief when he damaged or destroyed a window valued at $500 or more on Sept. 28, 2012.
• Seth T. Scott, 30, of Pikeville, was charged with third-degree burglary when he unlawfully entered a building owned by Food City Pharmacy with the intent to commit a crime on Nov. 9, 2012. He was also charged with first-degree persistent felony offender, having previously been convicted of third-degree burglary in Washington County on Jan. 6, 2005; second-degree robbery in Fayette County on March, 1, 2005; receiving stolen property in Fayette County on July, 13, 2004; third-degree burglary in Pike County on July, 16, 2008; and theft by unlawful taking in Pike County on July, 16, 2008.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: An indictments is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.)