Rep. Nick Rahall
September 5, 2012
MATEWAN — Fresh off the heels of the Magnolia Fair, the Town of Matewan isn’t done enjoying what’s left of summer.
The Matewan Homecoming will be held Sept. 8, featuring a number of fun activites for people of all ages.
Both the Matewan Town Council and the Homecoming Committee recently released the event’s schedule of events:
• From 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., a quilt show will be held within town hall.
• The 16th Annual Car Show will go on from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., registration from 8 a.m. until noon. Awards will be given at 4 p.m.
• Afterwards, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., live music will be performed on town hall steps and a DJ on the pavilion.
• Kids Fest will begin at 11 a.m. and end at 4 p.m., featuring inflatables and more.
• Also from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., free games, such as cornhole, will be available.
• The Anything that Rolls Parade atwill be at noon, offering a free t-shirt for first 50 registered.
• The Pet Parade will commence at 1 p.m.
• A production of the Matewan Massacre Drama will begin at 3 p.m.
• Street vendors and homemade apple butter and ice cream will also be available all day long.
For more information, call town hall at 304-426-4522, or visit www.facebook.com/Historicmatewan.